There are so many advantages of home exercise. We all have our reasons for wanting to exercise at home and time is one of the main reasons. There are of course many other reasons which each of us could easily work out for ourselves.
Let’s get right into a few simple exercises which we can do at home. The way I’d like to do this is by sharing some of my home exercises with you, in no particular order of importance.
Non Negotiable Daily Exercises
Get up some marching music on my iPhone and away I go. Just the one track. Number of tracks will increase as and when ready.
Get up some dance music on my iPhone and dance to one track. Number of tracks will increase as an when ready.
3. Running on the spot
Run on the spot for a minute at least, varying the pace. Move the arms as well as the legs. Time will increase as and when.
3 sets of ten pressups per day. Varying the position of the arms. Wide/narrow/together. To increase as and when.
3 forty-five minute planks (a.m) 3 forty-five minute planks (p.m) Time will increase as and when.
6. Holding Lunge
Hold the lunge for as long as possible. Needs to be strong and not over the knee.
Here are some other exercises to choose from:
- Up and down with little children. They’ll be more than willing to inject their energy into mom and dad. And you build strength, stamina and stretch those muscles and ligaments. Taking them for walks/runs in their buggies is also excellent exercise.
2. Instead of sitting on the couch to watch telly, why not rather lie on your back on the floor with a cushion behind your head. By doing this you can control the tension of your abs. Or ride your stationary exercise bike.
3. Hanging gently from a tree in the garden or from a door frame bar attachment is excellent exercise.
4. Try and push a wall or tree over with both hands together.
5.Tensing the abs and pecs (chest muscles) whenever you think about it.
6. Gentle half-sit-ups with feet under a lounge chair.
7. Walk the stairs if you have them in your home.
8. Dig in the garden.
9. Skipping rope.
10. Shadow box or erect a punching bag attachment, or purchase one of those punching dummies.
There are so many exercises one can do for different parts of your body without leaving one’s property. You simply have to be creative my friends. Just don’t make excuses.