Can dancing do this for you ? Look at those professional dances on Strictly Come Dancing ! Wow, they’re built like Gods. Must be the dancing that transformed them.
Now professional dances have the abs because they are professionals right, that’s what they do all day every day – dance, dance, dance.
It would be wonderful to build those abs but let’s be realistic, most of us could never develop the abs which we see in the image alongside.
But we can get half the way there, can’t we ? Let’s take another look at the image:
We need to get rid of the flab which covers our abs. And we all have ab muscles hidden under the flab. Yes, we do. So the thing is to get rid of that flab.
* Eat Less * Eat slowly and enjoy each mouthful * Eat healthily * Drink water * Exercise
There are so many different exercises to firm the abs as you and I both know, but I’ve just discovered dance !
No, I haven’t joined a dance club or a dancing school. That wouldn’t be me. My dancing is all done in the privacy of my home and I don’t dance with a partner, I dance alone. This is what I have been doing:
* Rise at 6am and go down to the study with my iPhone and dressed in my pj’s and dressing gown.
* Choose a track from Utube and off I go. Just do my own thing !
* At the moment I am dancing to 8 tracks solid in the morning and again, late afternoon. Also ride my stationary exercise bike in the afternoon after I have danced, and that’s is to 3 tracks.
Honestly, I find it so enjoyable. It’s such fun that it doesn’t feel like exercise. Actually movement rather than dance 🙂
We all have our musical preferences but could I just share a couple of my choices from uTube:
* That’s all right, Mamma (Elvis) * Let Your Love Flow (Bellamy Brothers) * Bad Moon Rising (Creedance Clearwater Revival) * Have You Ever Seen The Rain (Creedance)
* Mississippi (Pussycat) * Blue Train (John D Loudermilk) * Baby Come Back (The Equals)
* This Old House (Shakin’ Stevens) * Lay Back In The Arms Of Someone (Smokie)
* Loslappie (Kurt Darren) * Rooi Rok Bokkie (Die Campbells) * Do Wah Diddy (Manfred Mann)
* Even The Bad Times Are Good (Tremeloes) * You’re A Heartbreaker (Elvis)
* Yesterday Man (Chris Andrews) * I’m The Pied Piper (Crispian St Peters)
* Spirit In The Sky ( Norman Greenbaum) * YMCA (Village People)
* She’s In Love With You (Suzi Quatro) * Perfect (Ed Sheeran) * Peggy Sue (Buddy Holly) and there’s SO much more !!
Why don’t you try it out ?
Please let me know how it goes and PLEASE ADD TO THIS LIST OF MINE. I WILL TRY ANYTHING WHICH HAS A DANCE BEAT TO IT, ANCIENT OR MODERN !!!